With communications being such a key element of Adpearance’s business, they set out to look for a solution that fulfills three primary requirements:
1. The ability to display different content on each display.
2. Easily transition between content platforms such as slide presentations, conferencing, video, digital signage, artistic displays, or other messaging platforms.
3. Centrally manage all displays and content from a single PC.
Unfortunately, all the solutions the team reviewed that enabled mosaic style video walls were either too expensive or limited in their capabilities, and for a time it looked like there was a risk they wouldn’t be able to complete the project.
Adpearence deployed 27 displays throughout the office, all centrally managed from a single Intel i7 8-core PC in the central server room. The IT team uses the Userful Visual Networking Platform to:
- Show Google Slide presentations with information the staff needs to be aware of on a weekly basis.
- Display sales dashboards fed from Salesforce allowing the sales team to have visibility into their monthly progress.
- Display multiple dashboards at once, allowing the software development teams to track performance and health metrics for proprietary tools.
- Stream video from the web.
The installation was done primarily in-house by the Adpearance IT team, as the system is plug and play. The IT team used the Userful support to complete the install which was “incredibly helpful in troubleshooting any issue”, according to Doug Smith, IT manager at Adpearance.
After conducting a thorough review of different solutions, Adpearance ultimately decided to go with the Userful solution, as it provided the best combination balance of cost, features, and support. Adperance’s IT team is able to quickly and easily change content on the fly (which happens a lot) depending on business need - all centrally managed. The solution has saved time and countless headaches.